How to access Brookhaven database?

Dan Davison Davison at UH.EDU
Mon Sep 28 08:47:28 EST 1992

Li, Dong 312-996-0509 said:
> I will be grateful if you tell me how to access Brookhave Database (a
> protein database) or how to retrieve the files in it.

As announced about a month ago, the Protein Data Bank, the
international collection of protein crystallographic coordinates, is
available for anonymous FTP from in
pub/gene-server/pdb/.... Files are kept compressed, so use binary mode
when FTP'ing.

This service is temporary until the Protein Data Bank gets their own
FTP site arranged.

NOTE: you must know which files you want -- only the coordinate files
are available. No guide to the coordinate files is here.

See the file README for important redistribution information.

gene-server manager
Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at at UHOU

-----RIP Isaac Asimov 1920-1992     I'll miss him --------------------