glycoprotein stains

Stephen Gisselbrecht gisselbr at
Fri Jul 2 16:49:49 EST 1993

In article <1993Jul2.073109.14425 at> klier at writes:
>I also had trouble reaching the original poster...

	Yup, me too.

	Now, maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to me like you
could just photograph the gel next to a ruler after both procedures and
convert the distance travelled by each band to "% of gel length".  I know
that for whole-cell extracts, you probably wouldn't be able to get precise
enough to determine which band is which, but this should work for up to 10
or 20 bands.

					steve gisselbrecht
					cell & dev. bio.
					harvard medical school