Protein Purification Protocols

fbekkaoui at pbi.nrc.ca fbekkaoui at pbi.nrc.ca
Fri Jul 2 14:58:00 EST 1993

I would recommend the volume 182 of Methods in Enzymology 1990
"Guide to protein purification" Ed. MP Deutscher

Good luck.

Fouzi.
REPLY FROM: Bekkaoui, Fouzi
To: proteins at net.bio.net
From: knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu (John  Boswell)
Subject: Protein Purification Protocols
Date: 1 Jul 93 17:53:09 GMT
Sender: news at dartvax.dartmouth.edu (The News Manager)
Hi,
        I posted a similar request on another group, then found this one :)

Could someone in the field please recommend some good texts/references
on protein purification protocols?  I have about 15 liters of media from
cell culture, and I need to isolate and purify an expressed protein from
this.  I can detect the protein via Western blot, and I also have an
activity assay.  What I need are good ways to start to purify the protein,
i.e. protocols for salt-pption., gel-filtration, and other chromatography;
maybe elution via an ethylene glycol gradient.  I don't have much experience
with protein purification past a short course I took a bunch of years ago
in graduate school.  Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated!  I'm off to look in the library now... :):)

Thanks,

-John Boswell, Ph.D.
Dept. of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute
Portland, OR  97229
(knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu)

Dr. John Boswell                                knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu

Dept. of Medicine/GI MCN C2104
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN  37232     615-322-6367 or 615-343-4747