Protein Purification Protocols

fbekkaoui at fbekkaoui at
Fri Jul 2 14:58:00 EST 1993

I would recommend the volume 182 of Methods in Enzymology 1990
"Guide to protein purification" Ed. MP Deutscher
Good luck.
REPLY FROM: Bekkaoui, Fouzi
To: proteins at
From: knight at (John  Boswell)
Subject: Protein Purification Protocols
Date: 1 Jul 93 17:53:09 GMT
Sender: news at (The News Manager)
        I posted a similar request on another group, then found this one :)
Could someone in the field please recommend some good texts/references
on protein purification protocols?  I have about 15 liters of media from
cell culture, and I need to isolate and purify an expressed protein from
this.  I can detect the protein via Western blot, and I also have an
activity assay.  What I need are good ways to start to purify the protein,
i.e. protocols for salt-pption., gel-filtration, and other chromatography;
maybe elution via an ethylene glycol gradient.  I don't have much experience
with protein purification past a short course I took a bunch of years ago
in graduate school.  Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated!  I'm off to look in the library now... :):)
-John Boswell, Ph.D.
Dept. of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute
Portland, OR  97229
(knight at
Dr. John Boswell                                knight at
Dept. of Medicine/GI MCN C2104
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN  37232     615-322-6367 or 615-343-4747