Renaturation/Extraction Recombinant Proteins

CSMITH at CRCVMS.UNL.EDU CSMITH at CRCVMS.UNL.EDU
Sat Jul 3 18:04:00 EST 1993

	Some general info for those who are purifying (or attempting to)
recombinant proteins from bacterial hosts.

	General resources that have been invaluable to us are:

	One genera;l resource that has been invaluable to us is;

Protein Expression and Purification (Academic Press, Inc.), a journal
that contains lots of VERY useful info. In many cases the info, tid-bits
it contains are not directly applicable to our particular vector or
hosts, but provide lots of insight and leads-in to things we might
try.
	e.g., have problems extracting your protein and/or renaturing
it (because you used a denaturing extraction protocol) ... why not step
back and look at other things you could try to make your host produce
the protein in a more "soluble" and extractable form ...
	see Moore, et al. (1993) Protein Expression and Purification
4:160-163. By growing their bugs in enriched media, they report the
high level expression and recovery of their recombinant protein, which
normally was sequested in inclusion bodies.

				Chris

Christopher Smith
Department of Biochemistry
University of Nebraska-Lincoln