question on optimizing baculovirus expression

Robert C. Colgrove robin at
Sun Jul 18 22:20:02 EST 1993

Hi. Sorry if this is a repeat. My first attempt has not even made it to
my site in three days so I am reposting.
Anyway, I'm gearing up for a run at baculovirus expression of some viral
envelope proteins. Any data/opinions on the minimum necessary signal sequence
and best "kozak" consensus (I'm using the Invitrogen BluBacIII construct which
contains the polyhedrin leader, a mutated AUG and a poly cloning site).