Pre-stained protein markers

rpgrant at rpgrant at
Tue Jul 20 03:50:18 EST 1993

In article <CAFKDE.7AD at>, Paul Bucciaglia writes:
> Hi
> We need a procedure for "pre-staining" proteins to run on SDS-PAGE so that
> the markers are visible on the gel while its running.  BioRad sells such markers
> but they're very pricy.

        BRL also sell them - I don't know about the BioRad ones but I dilute
the BRL set 1 in 10 (in loading dyes) and they are still visible!!  That
brings the price down quite nicely ;)

Richard P. Grant    <><                rpgrant at
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology   Fax. +44 865 275556
University of Oxford, UK.              Tel. +44 865 275565

"It's easy when you know how"