protein_protein_interaction?

shapirop at ohsu.edu shapirop at ohsu.edu
Thu Jul 22 11:37:29 EST 1993

In article <1993Jul22.133231.19549 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> emrasmus at biobase.aau.dk
(Erik Michael Rasmussen) writes:
>I would like to examine a protein-protein interaction by PAGE. I believe I
>can't use SDS. Since I'm not familiar with this I need some advice.
>Therefore a reference or a protokol to start with would be nice.
>The two proteins I have are 167 kD and 50 kD.
>
>Erik Michael Rasmussen                   phone (+45) 35322100
>Department of Genetics                   E-mail emrasmus at biobase.aau.dk
>Institute of Molecular Biology
>University of Copenhagen

Hi
Some colleagues at my institution are using two PAGE techniques for studying
protein protein interactions, one being band shifting in native PAGE and the
other being overlay blotting after SDS-PAGE.  They (Daniel W. Carr and John D.
Scott) have a review article in TIBS entitled BLOTTING AND BAND SHIFTING:
TECHNIQUES FOR STUDYING PROTEIN-PROTEIN INTERACTIONS in Trends in Biochemical
Scinces Vol. 17 July 1992 pps. 246-249.

PAUL SHAPIRO             shapirop at ohsu.edu
Vollum Institute
PORTLAND, OR