Keith D. Wilkinson genekdw at EMORYU1.CC.EMORY.EDU
Thu Jul 22 07:52:21 EST 1993

In message
> From: pmr1716 at ("Peter Murray-Rust")
> Subject: Effect of pressure on enzyme reactions
> Date: 21 Jul 93 17:46:30 GMT
> Sender: list-admin at
> I'd be grateful for any information about whether high-pressure can affect
> (a)
> the speed and/or (b) the equilibrium of an enzyme-catalysed reaction, and if
> so, what pressures are required in practice to make a useful contribution.
> If
> this is a well-researched field, I'd be very grateful for pointers to
> reviews.
> 	Thanks,
> 	Peter
Try papers by Gregorio Weber at the University of Illinois.  His work centered
on the effectcs of pressure on subunit dissociation, but he may reference
effects on catalysis directly.  The equilibrium effect should be small but
calculable from first principles.