linker peptide in two-domain fusion protein

GIRISH SAHNI, SCIENTIST, IMTECH SECTOR 39-A, CHANDIGARH 160014, INDIA girish at imtech.ernet.in
Fri Jul 23 00:58:17 EST 1993

Dear Freind, Hi there:

I need some suggestions for designing a linker sequence between two
independently folded protein domains in a fusion (gene) construct.
Perhaps we would have to try a few candidate sequences (3-10 AA long)
with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity, since we cannot predict
a priori what the effect may be on unwanted aggregation or steric
hindrance associated with the final hybrid protein. Sources where I
might ponder these aspects will be welcome, as would actual AA sequences
of possible linker peptides.    Thank you
                                           Girish Sahni IMTECH, India
                                             Email: "girish at imtech.ernet.in"