Protein Methods, was:Re: Methods???

Helmut Dotzlaw dotzlaw at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jul 28 11:50:53 EST 1993

In article <CAu0Ln.4qH at ncifcrf.gov>, pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov (Paul N
Hengen) wrote:

> How many protein biologists who follow this group also read
> bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts? I've noticed that when I read
> this newsgroup, I am re-reading articles that are cross-posted
> to the methods group. There are also methods discussed here that
> are not posted in methods. Why don't people simply post them in
> methods?

Because, not everyone who reads this group reads
bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.  Let's say, for example, that I am a protein
chemist and am simply not interested in PCR, DNA, RNA etc. - I could save
considerable time reading .proteins.  BTW, I do read both, because I am not
strictly a protein chemist.  But I have cross-posted and have received
replys regarding protein questions from people reading the .proteins group.
 I really think that there is nothing wrong in cross-posting to the two
groups, I'm sure that the subscription list is somewhat different on each.

Regards,

Helmut