Quick SDS PAGE question

Sarah Tilley sjt at newt.phys.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 22:47:29 EST 1993

--
Hi,

I have a recipe for a 10% SDS gel (supplied by a company) which seems to take to long to polymerise according to my previous experiences with SDS PAGE. When I looked at the recipe, the amount of TEMED seems quite low- 20ul of TEMED and 300ul of 10% AMPS per 60 ml of separating gel. Would I mess up the gel if I increased the TEMED to 50 or 60ul? I have a separate recipe for a 15% gel that uses 170ul TEMED and 450ul of 10% AMPS for 50 mls. Will playing around with these chemicals affect anything else other t

han rate of polymerisation?

Thanks in advance
**
Sarah Tilley