protein sequence data base (fwd)

MJ Duggan sgex400 at
Tue Nov 2 07:38:59 EST 1993

The question (see below) was about how to do database searches if you
haven't doenthem before. I was in this situation a few months ago, and rather
than fuss around finding someone with the program and database locally
I used the email servers available by Internet. Either Blitz at EMBL or
Blast at NCBI are very good and very easy to use. There was a good article
in the Computer Corner bit of TIBS about 6 Months ago, that has all the