Architectural protein drawings

Kristin M. Fox fox at
Fri Nov 12 15:06:59 EST 1993

In article <fox-121193075728 at>, fox at
(Kristin M. Fox) wrote:

> In article <2bthh9$mnj at>, dmartin at (David Martin
> x3175) wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to track down a package that will draw protein ribbons with
> > arrows for beta sheet and cylinders for alpha helices. someone in my
> > lab mentioned "MOLSCRIPT" but apart from that I can't find anything to
> > give me the sort of pictures I want.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > ....David Martin
> > dmartin at
> Are you looking for programs which produce printed outputs of
> ribbon drawings or programs which display such diagrams on
> computer graphics?
> 	MOLSCRIPT is a gook program to produce black and white
> outputs (color is available).
> Some other programs which make ribbon drawings
> MIDAS  ribbons and space filling diagrams and much more
> 	               for computer graphics
> INSIGHT  a commercial package for graphics, pretty expensive
> If you are interested in any of these I can post the Email
> addresses where you can obtain them.
> 					            Kristin

I have received several requests to post the ways of obtaining
ribbon drawing programs, so here is the info I have:

		Ref:  J. Appl. Cryst. (1991)  24, 946-950.
	Can be obtained from the author Dr. Per J. Kraulis at
		Dept. of Biochemistry
		University of Cambridge
		Tennis Court Road
		Cambridge  CB2 1 QW

		Ref:  J. Mol. Graphics 6, 13-27 (1988).
	This was developed by the Computer Graphics Laboratory
	at UCSF, and is available from them at:
		Computer Graphics Laboratory
		School of Pharmacy
		University of California, San Francisco