Alan Kaiser alkaiser at
Mon Aug 1 15:12:08 EST 1994

In <CttGq4.LoF at> mack at (Joe Mack) writes:

>In article <199407271956.MAA17986 at> ERNESTO at VM.CC.PURDUE.EDU (Martin Tiznado) writes:
>>Hi everyone!!!!!
>>Does anyone know if it is possible to perfom a chromatofocusing from low pH to
>>high pH. My protein has a really high pI, so I think that I need to go from low
>> to high, but I am not sure since all the techiques that I had reviewed until n
>>ow are dealing with pH gradients starting from high pH's. Thanks for your help.
>>                                                Martin.

Try looking in the "Chromatofocusing" booklet from Pharmacia. This is
an old booklet and I don't know if they still publish it. This booklet
talks about a lot of the basics so you should be able to start with
the general stuff and modify them to suit your needs. There is also a
little bit of information in "Protein Purification" by Scopes (in both
2nd and 3rd edition but the 3rd edition is better).

Hope this info helps
alkaiser at