FPLC systems

Charles Brenner brenner at rose.brandeis.edu
Wed Jan 5 13:04:09 EST 1994

stiles at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (John Stiles) writes:

>	We are looking at purchasing a FLPC system for protein isolation and purification.  We have been using a Pharmacia system which seems OK.  We have information on Pharmacia and Waters 650 Advanced Protein Purification System.  Any one have any experience with these or others?  Any advice welcomed.  Thanks.

Pharmacia columns are extremely expensive.  The FPLC gained popularity
with biologists because it was designed for protein purification
rather than typical reversed phase applications.  The Waters seems to
be as easy to use as the Pharmacia and ought to cost a lot less to run
over the years.

CB

--
Charles Brenner, Ph.D.		Fellow of the Leukemia Society of America
Rosenstiel Center, rm 610	phone (617) 736-4944
Waltham, MA 02254-9110		brenner at auriga.rose.brandeis.edu