FPLC systems

Jeff crowther at rsc3.anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 14 23:47:37 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan5.180409.2051 at news.cs.brandeis.edu>,
brenner at rose.brandeis.edu (Charles Brenner) wrote:

> stiles at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (John Stiles) writes:
>
> >	We are looking at purchasing a FLPC system for protein isolation and purification.  We have been using a Pharmacia system which seems OK.  We have information on Pharmacia and Waters 650 Advanced Protein Purification System.  Any one have any experience with these or others?  Any advice welcomed.  Thanks.
>
> Pharmacia columns are extremely expensive.  The FPLC gained popularity......

We use the Pharmacia FPLC and whatever columns we can pickup on the cheap
including mixing an matching flow adaptors etc and have found the system to
run very well. Don't know about the Waters 650 system or the computer
program
FPLC Manager to go with the Pharmacia FPLC (Don't have the program) but
have
used HPLC Manager on Pharmacia HPLC and it was not TOO bad but could have
used
a little work for my personal liking.
--
My Best Regards