Recycling Cyanogen bromide activated sepharose affinity columns?

Sonya Clark szsclark at hamlet.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 27 21:22:43 EST 1994

Dear Netters - I am purifying antibodies from a polyclonal prep by
running them over a CNBr-activated Sepharose affinity column of my
antigen.  As CNBr-activated Sepharose is expensive &/or horrible to make,
I'd like to strip the column of the antigen currently bound, and re-use
the sepharose to make another affinity column.  Does anyone have a protocol
to do this?  Would eluting the column with harsh eluents (eg.
Guanidine/urea/SDS) work? and would I then be able to re-use the sepharose
to couple another antigen? Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Sonya Clark.
Botany Dept.,
UCDavis
szsclark at ucd.edu