protein modification (fwd)

Bob Lauder bsa016 at cent1.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 15:49:11 EST 1994

> > Is there any information somehere on known sequences in
> > proteins suceptible to be post-translationelly modified, that would concern a Serine in the sequence KSSK. And would lead to a shift in mobility
> > of several Kda.
> >
> What is the residue N-terminal of this? If it is Asparagine then the
> Ser could be contributing to the N-linked glycosylation site.
> What about O-linked glycosylation?

 O-linked KS would need a xxSGxx, however as you mention N-linked needs NxS/T.

For a post-translational modification to add several Kda I guess glycosylation
would be the only (?) answer.

Bob Lauder,				bsa016 at cent1.lancs.ac.uk
Post Doctoral Research Associate,
Division of Biological Sciences,	VOICE - (+44) (0)524 65201 Ex 3461
Lancaster University,			FAX   - (+44) (0)524 843854
U.K.