BAC acrylamide

RAMPITSCH at BCRSSU.AGR.CA RAMPITSCH at BCRSSU.AGR.CA
Tue Jan 25 19:09:43 EST 1994

>I am cleaving a radioactive protein of 67 kD into two large fragments.  I
>then separate the fragments from the parent protein by SDS-PAGE.  I would like
>to get an accurate count of the radioactive fragments from slices that are
>excised from the gel.  Is there a way to dissolve the gel and make the
>counts fully available to a liquid scintillation cocktail?
>Or is there some other trick that can be used to get the same result?

Look into "BAC Acrylamide" (I think BioRad has it); this type of acrylamide
has a disulphide bond in it and once you've cut out the band you can
dissolve away the acrylamide with BME or DTT...

 Chris Rampitsch                       |       RAMPITSCH at BCRSSU.AGR.CA
 Dept. Plant Science, Univ. of BC      |       Phone (604) 494-7711
 Vancouver, British Columbia           |       Fax   (604) 494-0755
 Canada V6T 2A2                      _/\_
"Most people don't act stupid;...  \__  __/ ..it's the real thing."  A.E.Neuman