database question

Pavel Sova ps44 at bonjour.cc.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 28 23:32:21 EST 1994

In article <kodak.1110134956B at tigger.jvnc.net>,
Joe Kaufman <kodak at tigger.jvnc.net> wrote:
>In Article <1994Jan27.225745.12757 at mnemosyne.cs.du.edu>,
>pfinerty at nyx10.cs.du.edu (fork) wrote:
>>
>>hey folks, i'm looking for a protein database that could be queried using
>>only the amino acid composition of a protein. anyone know if such a thing
>>exists?
>>

>>thanks for the tips,
>>
>>-patrick finerty

...stuff deleted...

Patrick,
you can search by e-mail all possible databases available through ncbi
server by program called blast. Blast searches nucleotide or protein
sequence databases according to program called (blastn or blastp) in your
e-mail message. I don't have address of server at home (where I am now),
but send me an e-mail and I will reply with more information.

Pavel Sova
Mol.Virol.Laboratory
Columbia University
New York