database question

Pavel Sova ps44 at
Fri Jan 28 23:32:21 EST 1994

In article <kodak.1110134956B at>,
Joe Kaufman <kodak at> wrote:
>In Article <1994Jan27.225745.12757 at>,
>pfinerty at (fork) wrote:
>>hey folks, i'm looking for a protein database that could be queried using
>>only the amino acid composition of a protein. anyone know if such a thing
>>thanks for the tips,
>>-patrick finerty

...stuff deleted...

you can search by e-mail all possible databases available through ncbi
server by program called blast. Blast searches nucleotide or protein
sequence databases according to program called (blastn or blastp) in your
e-mail message. I don't have address of server at home (where I am now),
but send me an e-mail and I will reply with more information.

Pavel Sova
Columbia University
New York
ps44 at