Needed: Plant actin

James J. Campanella jjc4 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue Jul 5 12:45:09 EST 1994

Hi, My colleagues and I have cloned an actin-like protein from
Arabidopsis that has a novel activity. The protein produced by
our isolated cDNA is obviously similar to actin but it also has
major structural differences-- so we do not believe it to be an
Arabidopsis actin. What we would like to do is to test real
Arabidopsis actin as a control to demonstrate that it does (or
doesn't) have the same novel activity. Unfortunately we do not
have any Arabidopsis or plant actin to perform this experiment.
Does anyone out in netland have and/or be willing to part with
the cDNA for Arabidopsis actin-- or any plant actin in general?
Thanx, Jim Campanella