*HELP* about secondary structure domains

Robert Matthew Barrie matt at cs.su.oz.au
Sat Jul 9 02:37:33 EST 1994

Help! I'm looking for some reference somewhere which describes
the average length of various secondary structures making up each domain.

The only such domain I have such information for currently is the beta-alpha-beta
domain, which I got from a paper by Taylor and Thornton (J. Mol Biol 1984, 173)

The purpose of this is that I am trying to turn secondary structure into domains
or motifs, relying solely on secondary structure information.

If such statistics are not available, would anyone know where the
super-secondary structure for various proteins is documented?

Thanking you in advance

matt.