boil page gel in TCA?

sagara IAMWCNG at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
Sun Jul 10 23:46:47 EST 1994

Dear netters: Does anyone know why one should boil the SDS gel
in TCA (say 5% TCA) to detect the kinasing of the substrate on
the SDS gel? I came across this method recently in a paper. I
would appreciate any info on this matter either e-mailed
directly to me or to the above net. By the way the procedure
uses gamma-labelled 32-P-ATP and Histone. Of course, the
purified protein that is suspected of kinase activity is also
there in the reaction mix. Also i have concerns about the
viability of SDS gel in TCA under such harsh conditions. Please
help me. Thanks for your contribution.