Protein Concentration Estimation

Ing-Nang Wang
Mon Jul 18 13:19:52 EST 1994

In article <gends.6.000D6D00 at>, gends at (SCOTT D.)

> Hia,
> I'm trying to estimate the concentration of a protein sample that is
> contaminated with nucleotide (it binds RNA, and the nucleic acid is near
> impossible to get rid of without getting rid of your sample).
> Any ideas out there??? Tried Biorad, but I need accuracy better than 5%, and
> obviously Absorbance is a bit tricky with nucleic acid present.
> Help much appreciated!
> Dave Scott.
> Dept Of Genetics,
> University of Leeds.
> U.K.
> Email: at

Hope this will help:

Stevens, L. (1992) Buffers and the determination of proetin concentrations.
 from "Enzyme Assays", R. Eisenthal and M. J. Danson, eds.  IRL Press,
Oxford University Press.

It contains quite a few methods in it.  A nice review.
Ing-Nang Wang
ingnang at
Dept. Ecology and Evolution
SUNY-Stony Brook