Would a consensus sequence form an active protein?

Rafael N Szeinfeld szeinfel at FOX.CCE.USP.BR
Wed Mar 2 08:16:06 EST 1994

	Concerning this discussion I would like to hear from you what you
think about the following idea.
	Instead of making a "consensus sequence protein" making random
mutations in one protein you'll have the same result. These brings the
advantage that you have the 3d structure (of the protein before mutated) and
also that a lot of work was already done with random mutations.
	Ps. I sent this message yesterday but I had no replays.

Rafael Najmanovich