2d gel apparatus

Virginia Dress Dress at biosci.arizona.edu
Mon Mar 14 16:42:00 EST 1994

In article <beyer.7.00089EF4 at bdrc.bd.com>, beyer at bdrc.bd.com (Wayne Beyer)
wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good commerical supplier for easy to use 2D gel
> electrophoresis?
>
> Thanks!
> WB

You bet, I personally like all the Hoefer gel apparati.  So I don't know
what
you already have but I would get the SE-600 for the slab gel (SDS-PAGE) 2nd
D,
and whatever their tube gel rig is (sorry, I don't know the number).  Or if
you
want you can get a 'tube-gel adaptor' for their minigel system.  I've
always
found the Hoefer equipment to work well, and their customer
service/technical
service is great (esp. Zach).  The nice thing about the SE-600 is that the
1st D tube gel fits nice & easy into the trough in the upper buffer
reservior,
no hassle, no fooling around.
																																									Ginnie