Techniques to detect/characterize protein folding intermediates?

null pointer at symphony.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:28:40 EST 1994

      I am writing a report about physical techniques to detect/characterize
transient intermediates in protein folding pathways. There seem to be more
papers on H-exchange NMR method and mutational analysis. And there are very
few reports on stopped-flow circular dichroism (CD) and mass spectrometry.

      Am I right? If you know of any work done on protein folding intermediates
(half time < 1 second) with CD or MS off hand or where to look, please
send me an email message. (I don't have access to any databases, and I am
doing my search by hand.)

      Your help would be greatly appreciated.

David Donne
Department of Chemistry