I can't concentrate!

Rafael N Szeinfeld szeinfel at FOX.CCE.USP.BR
Fri Mar 25 13:38:15 EST 1994

On Thu, 24 Mar 1994, Brian Ellis - lab wrote:

> Here is problem that i haven't encountered before.  After FPLC i attempt to
> concentrate the fractions in centricon/centriprep tube (MW cutoff 10K), it
> appears that my protein precipitates out of solution.  Has anyone else
> encountered this problem.  The protein is 78 kD in size and is found in native
> state as a tetramer.

	I'm using centricon to concentrate a trypsin derivated from it
reaction with a free radical and after concentration we can't find our
protein. At first we thought that the membrane was bad but now we think
that our protein in suffering autolysis, could it be your case ?

	Rafael najmanovich