John E. Fox
J.E.Fox at bham.ac.uk
Fri May 13 11:51:58 EST 1994
In article <2qtk1j$nnn at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, evw2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Eric V. Wong) says:
In reply to your Email:- this is what we can do in the field of peptide synthesis
, plus everything else. Just give me a call if you are interested.
Alta Bioscience, the essentials:-
* Rapid synthesis of purified oligos ready for use in PCR or
* Synthesis on 0.2 and 1.0 micromole scales.
* Larger scales of synthesis.
* Mixed base oligos.
* Doped oligos.
* Fluorescein or Biotin tags at any position.
* Phosphorothioate oligos.
* Oligos coupled to solid supports.
* Optional reverse phase cartridge purification.
* Laboratory scale synthesis, 50 to 500 micromole amounts of
* Multiple peptide synthesis: 30 micromoles, 12 peptides
* Multiple peptide synthesis: 5 micromoles, 48 peptides
* Multiple antigenic peptides, MAPs, (octomeric peptides).
* Peptides supplied crude or purified.
* Quality control includes amino acid analysis, HPLC, mass
* Approximately 400 bases per reaction, depending on template
* Sequencing of plasmids or PCR products.
* Can use ordinary primers.
* Only needs 1 micro gramme of template, (for a plasmid).
* Data presented as hard copy or in electronic form.
Protein micro sequencing
* High sensitivity, capable of sequencing at the pico mole level.
* Can sequence proteins or peptides.
* Can sequence either proteins in solution or on PVDF blots.
* Radio sequencing available.
* Rapid return of data.
Amino acid analysis
* Amino acid analysis on virtually any type of material.
* Separation of either protein hydrolysates or biological fluids.
* All sample preparation included.
* Choice of detection systems.
Laser desorption mass analysis
* Suitable for a wide range of molecular weights of up to 200kDa.
* Capable of processing large numbers of samples.
* Picomole sensitivity.
* Mass measurement accurate to *0.04%.
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
* Range of columns available.
* Choice of detectors, UV, RI, fluorescence, electrochemical.
* Analytical or semi preparative scale of separations.
For further details on these methods please contact the Director:-
Dr. John E. Fox
School of Biochemistry
The University of Birmingham
Tel 021 414 5450
Fax 021 414 3376
More information about the Proteins