glass plates

ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU
Wed May 18 17:56:27 EST 1994

>Hi,
>	Does anyone know of a source for plates for the BioRad Mini
>PROTEAN II system. It's a great apparatus, but $2 for 20cents worth of
>glass seems a bit steep. I've checked all the local (Sacramento CA)
>distributors, but none of them deal with plates this thin. Then glass
>measures ~1.4mm or a little less than 1/16". Any info would be
>appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Craig

We get the glass plates for our large and mini-gels from a local glass
distributor which does everything relating to glass, windshields, picture
framing, etc.  You do not need any special glass with extremely tight
tolerances for thickness etc. They cut the plates to whatever pattern we
request.  Try your local glass guy!

					Alonzo Ross
					Worcester Foundation
					ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU