SINEFUNGIN AVAILABILTY (repost)

Lorne Taylor ltaylor at peptidarus.UWaterloo.ca
Thu May 19 10:01:02 EST 1994

methyltransferases and their inhibitors.  One of the best inhibitors is the
naturalproduct, sinefungin. I just discovered that the usual vendors of
sinefungin (Sigma, ICN, Calbiochem) no longer sell this compound ( I think
the manufacturer was Eli Lilly).

1-  Does anyone know of alternate commercial vendors for this compound?

2-  If your current or potential research may be affected by this lack of a
vendor for this compound, could you drop me a line?  Perhaps if we had a
sufficient number of requests we might be able to secure alternate availability for sinefungin
(i.e. total synthesis, extraction etc)

Many thanks.

John Honek
Department of Chemistry