chelex -100 column

Gabriel Akopian akopian at cub.math.oxy.edu
Mon May 23 19:17:24 EST 1994

	Recently we ran calmodulin through a chelex column without
buffering the protein or the column...We're having two problems; (1) is
the column pH is at about 10-11 and is practically impossible to
lower...so our protein is in a very basic medium, and (2) we're having
trouble removing calcium from the calmodulin.  With each subsequent pass
through the column, we're lowering the calcium concentration but it is
taking several passes to accomplish this...Can anyone give any advice or
comments.