Protein Resonance Frequencies

an41894 at anon.penet.fi an41894 at anon.penet.fi
Sat May 28 09:37:53 EST 1994

Does anyone out there know of experiments/measurements of the long-wavelength
fundamental vibrational modes of proteins? I've been looking into this
issue, and it seems as though no one has probed the lower frequency
spectroscopic properties of proteins. I know that "backbone" resonances of
nucleic acids have been measured in the IR regime, but aside from that, I've
seen nothing about far IR/microwave spectroscopy of larger biomolecules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John  (hefti at leland.stanford.edu)