active site tyrosines?

Soaring Bear bear at
Wed Nov 2 11:07:36 EST 1994

In article <38jhjc$4ud at>,
Matthias Dreyer <dreyer at> wrote:
> does anyone of you know an enzyme with a catalytically active
>tyrosine residue that is deprotonated during catalysis? The only one
>I am aware of is fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase, and to
>my knowledge the tyrosine is probably not fully deprotonated,but rather
>serves as a proton donor and acceptor at the same time.

	Tyr is the active aa in topoisomerase, in the
	trans-esterification with DNA phosphates.   It's
	proton definitly moves though I don't know of any
	studies which have demonstrated exact path.

* UU  UU                SOARING BEAR                   *
* UU  UU A   Pharmaceutical Molecular Modeling         *
*  UUUU AAA  U.A. New Pharmacy 404, Tucson, AZ 85721   *
*      AA AA e-mail:bear at   *