DNA fingerprinting in the forensic sciences

CORRIGAN S T6KO at UNB.CA
Thu Nov 10 18:05:19 EST 1994

Hi all,
I am a student at the University of New Brunswick in Saint John,
Canada who is looking for information on DNA fingerprinting in the
forensic sciences.  This is not a report to see if O.J. is quilty or
innocent but I am researching the pros and cons of the methods
involved both by the police and scientists (ie. creating data banks,
what are the legalities of taking samples from people, what kind of
standards do different labs follow and what is being done to come up
with a general standard for all, molecular biologists to follow
etc).  Anyway any help you could provide would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you
soon.  Please send replies to T6Ko at UNBSJ.ca