[Q] secondary structure from coordinates

Ram Samudrala ram at mbisgi.umd.edu
Sun Nov 27 18:10:11 EST 1994

Andrew Dalke (dalke at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) wrote:

>Now I know this is something which has been done half a hundred times
>before,

It has been done and there's a standard as far as I'm concerned.  It's
the Define Secondary Structure of Proteins (DSSP) program by Sander
and Kabsch available in Pascal.  You can get it from the Protein Data
Bank, Chemistry Dept., Brookhaven National Laboratories, Upton, NY
11973.  You should also be able to get it from the EMBL-Heidelberg
server (ftp.embl-heidelberg.de).

The reference for this is:

Kabsch and Sander: Biopolymers, Vol. 22, 2577-2637 (1983)

--Ram

ram at elan1.carb.nist.gov    Could this be magic, or could this be love?
                                               Could this turn tragic?
                          You know that magic often does. ---Van Halen