[Q] secondary structure from coordinates

A H Henry bspahh at bath.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 10:06:01 EST 1994

In the referenced article, dalke at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Andrew Dalke) writes:
>In <3bb3kj$nv1 at umd5.umd.edu> ram at elan1.carb.nist.gov replied:
>>                                                             It's
>>the Define Secondary Structure of Proteins (DSSP) program by Sander
>>and Kabsch available in Pascal. [...]
>>   You should also be able to get it from the EMBL-Heidelberg
>>server (ftp.embl-heidelberg.de).
>
>  It is there only in reference and is not in the list of available
>software (which is why I didn't see it earlier).  That software is
>licensed and requires that I send paper mail (oh no! :) to the author
>to get the code.

The executables for DSSP are available for non-commercial use
by anonymous ftp.  You still have to sign the licence by paper
mail to get the source code.  There are more details at:
<http://www.sander.embl-heidelberg.de/dssp/>

--
The rec.autos.sport Frequently Asked Questions list v1.3:   Andrew Henry
<ftp://mgu.bath.ac.uk/pub/rec.autos.sport>               A.H.Henry at bath.ac.uk