Help! Hexyl-CoenzymeA-Agarose

B. Ganesh Bhat gbhat at sophia.sph.unc.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:30:40 EST 1994

Help!  Help!  Help!
I am working on purification of monoacylglycerol acyltransferase. I use
hexyl-CoA-agarose (also called Agarose-hexane-CoenzymeA or AGCoA Type 5)
as one of the affinty chromatography step in purification procedure. This
column material is no more available commercially (Pharmacia, P-L Bioche
micals, US Biochemicals used to sell this). I have ran out of this column
material and what I have has lost its binding property. If any one, by
chance, has hexyl-CoA-agarose and doesnt have much use of this, or if any
one knows who sells, please let me know.
Thanks for your help.
B. Ganesh Bhat, Ph.D., Research Assist. Professor
University of North Carolina
Dept. Nutrition, CB#7400    Fax (919)966-7216
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400, Ph: (919)966-1038 or 5445
gbhat at sophia.sph.unc.edu