glycorpotein purification

nussbaum at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr nussbaum at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Sep 7 10:25:40 EST 1994

I have an antiserum which was obtained by injecting a rabbit with an
 N-terminal sequence of an until now undescribed protein. this antiserum
reacts specifically with a protein present in a wheat germ agglutinin
fraction isolated from rat brain. I am loking for ideas or suggestions to go
 further in the purification of this antigen by another way than that I have
used (Western blotting). Note that this protein is solubilized by DOC and
probably other detergents. Purification of this antigen by immunoaffinity column
 chromatography is, in my opinion, not feasible since the antibodies are not
 strong enough. I am thinking about ion exchange chromatography or similar
things. thanks in advance for your help.
Nussbaum
E-mail: nussbaum at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr