DSSP like program in FORTRAN?

Hemant Varma varma at okra.ece.ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:54:22 EST 1994

Hello,
       Dear Colleagues,
                        I was wondering if anybody knows whether a
program similar to DSSP is available anywhere at any ftp site, but
written in FORTRAN. As you may know C and Pascal versions of DSSP
are available. The C version is nothing but a conversion of the
Pascal code to C using a P to C convertor and the resulting code
is very hard to understand. As you might know, DSSP is used to
assign secondary structures to files of protein structure coordinates.

 Any pointers would be helpful. I want to write a program that is
similar to DSSP but to try and get the coordinates of the the
 Center of Mass of the side chain atoms output along with the
C- alphas.

    Regards,

     Hemant