concentrating proteins

Robin * Slomkowski rslomkow at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 8 18:03:30 EST 1994

For concentrating proteins, we have three major methods for T4 Lysozyme

Mainly we use a column sephadex colum 100-200ml goes to 3ml
kontex disposiable columns can be reused for this purpose

Sometimes we use Centripreps and Centricons they take forever.
Loss is less than most other filters.

We also use dry sephadex put in a small (smaller than our protein)
molecular weight cutoff dialisys tube.  We have the protein in some
salt so it will not stick to the sephadex.
--
Robin * Slomkowski
Long Live the Future               "Real life is Squared"