Recognizing structural conservation

G.J. Barton mbgjb at
Thu Sep 15 06:54:32 EST 1994

In article <1994Sep14.161812.1843 at>, aairaksinen at writes:
|> Is there / is anyone aware of a program that can recognize structurally
|> conserved regions in proteins? The input should be something like two
|> PDB files.
|> Thanks,

There are several programs around to do this sort of thing.  Usually referred to
"structural alignment" or "structure comparison".

Our package STAMP which will align protein 3D structures and give
a measure of reliability to the equivalenced residues.  See the README file
on the our ftp server, or go via the WWW.

Geoff. Barton

Dr. Geoffrey J. Barton
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, University of Oxford
Rex Richards Building, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, U.K.

email:  gjb at    Telephone: +44 865 275368    Fax: +44 865 510454
anonymous-ftp:             WWW: