A280 vs. protein assay?

Matt Parker at332 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Fri Sep 16 20:51:46 EST 1994

	The BioRad assay involves the binding of a dye to protein.
Solutions of identical concentrations of different proteins can vary
widely in their response. I think it's likely that your monomer and
dimer just have different amounts of binding surface for the dye.

	There are several other ways to assay proteins. Look in the
Pierce catalog....they sell several kits, including a supposedly
"improved" version of the BioRad (Coomassie) system, which is claimed
to show less variability.

	Good luck! I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out.