PNGaseF

TandRnawm tandrnawm at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 07:45:02 EST 1994

In article <323m3c$1ih at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, <SPAGNOL at PLAUTO.CSATA.IT> writes:
I'm looking for a good protocol for deglycosilating a glycoprotein with
PNGase F. The one in Current Protocols for M.B. did not work in my hands
and
is also a little bit imprecise.For istance it says: add 1
e protein, w
ithout specifiyng in what should it be diluted. Pleas post to me by E-Mail
or to
the Newsgro
ill compile a summary. Thanks.
Giorgio Spagl
Sorry, Giorgio Spagnol
SPAGNOL at PLA
UTO.CSATA.IT

Giorgio:
Try the Oxford GlycoSystems catalog.  They show [] of protein, PNGaseF,
and buffers.  Alternatively, try the kit "GlycoShift", which uses PNGaseF.
 Or, even, if you don't mind denaturing things, try trifluoromethane
sulfonic acid (TFMS), as in the GlycoFree kit from OGS.
[Disclaimer: I work for OGS]