Vy high % PA gel drying

TandRnawm tandrnawm at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 07:28:02 EST 1994

In article <2vnfj4$pm7 at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, evw2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Eric V.
Wong) writes:

I am using a modified Tris-tricine gel
system to resolve small proteolytic peptide fragments, and I get
excellent resolution using a 15-30% gradient. The problem is,
I can't seem to dry the darned thing without it shattering all
to heck. I usually fix in 50% MeOH/ 10% acetic acid, and have
tried adding 10% glycerol to the fix, but that doesn't seem to
do it. I have no idea what I did *right* that first time: I
have fiddled with different gel dryers, different temps, etc.

Eric,
Sorry I don't have anything brilliant for drying... but how small a
fragment can you resolve?  I've never used anything below 20% PA tricine
gels.