Amino Acid Analysis

Lisa Bibbs lisa at scripps.edu
Mon Sep 19 14:30:23 EST 1994

I run a core facility that among other things offers protein sequencing and
peptide synthesis, but not AAA.  AAA has been available at another
facility, so we haven't offered it.  It seems as though the demand for that
service has gone down drastically since inexpensive MS analysis has become
available.  My questions to all of you are the following:

1.  As a user of a core, do you feel AAA is necessary for your research?
(if so explain)

2.  How many samples do you turn in per year for AAA?

3.  What is a reasonable charge?

Thank you
Lisa