GMP in protein characterisation

Tony Houthaeve houthaeve at embl-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 21 09:17:50 EST 1994

In article <34hteq$sp4 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Marjory.Barnes at TRDBT.PHARMA.sandoz.ch writes:

> 	GLOBAL NETWORK FOR GMP PROTEIN SEQUENCING LABORATORIES

> Dear Protein Sequencers,
>
> 	Do you do QC or development work? If so, you may profit from
> joining our information exchange network of laboratories which do
> N-terminal Edman sequence analysis to GMP, GLP,ISO norms.....

Dear,

I'd like to participate in the network. Actually I'm very interested in the
idea.

Overall, I think that the scope of the group is too restricted.
It should be spreadable to protein characterisation overall.
By means of amino acid analysis, Edman sequencing and Mass
spectrometry(MALDI-MS and
MicroES-MS) and also databank searches.
Additionally protein preparation methods for microcharacterisation, especially
the
last in situ and in matrix digest on blots or in the gel are becoming more and
more
important in protein core facilities and ask for standardisation and
optimisation.

Here in the EMBL-Heidelberg, we try to set up some standard flow-sheets but we
are
still far off from GLP or ISO norms, but this is one of our goals.
I know some people who already started introducing such a norms in their
group/firm,
but it's a hell of work and paperwork.

Overall, I think it's a very interesting and useful idea and depending on what
your
ideas are, we really should continue with this.

Regards and hear more from you,

Ing. Houthaeve Tony
Protein & Peptide Group
EMBL