Volatile buffers for lyophilization

Bob Lauder R.Lauder at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 04:51:00 EST 1994

 > In note <36adsa$i7v at news.cs.tulane.edu>, jayuziuk at rs6.tcs.tulane.edu (Jeffrey
> Yuziuk) writes:
> >Matt Parker (at332 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:
> >
> >: 	We are currently using 20 mM ammonium bicarbonate as the
> >: last buffer before lyophilization in our protein prep. Does anybody
> >: have any suggestions for better buffers? We are having a hard time
> >: getting all of the salt to evaporate.
> >: 				Thanks!
> >
> >: 				Matthew Parker
> >: 				Agriculture Canada

 We have had some problems with damage to carbohydrate attached to protein
when using Ammonium bicarbonate.  We presemtly have no replacement, so
I'll be watching the replys to this post with interest.

Bob.

Bob Lauder,				R.Lauder at cent1.lancs.ac.uk
Post Doctoral Research Associate,
Division of Biological Sciences,	VOICE - (+44) (0)524 65201 Ex 3461
Lancaster University,  U.K.		FAX   - (+44) (0)524 843854