Tricine for elecrophoresis

nussbaum at nussbaum at
Thu Sep 29 09:17:17 EST 1994

In article <fsco-280994095748 at> fsco at (Francesco D'Alessandro) writes:
>I am looking for a protocol to make and run a Tricine gel to resolve and
>isolate a 20KDa protein.
>Do you have any, or do you have a reference? Does this kind of gel present
>any problem in performing westerns?
>Thank you very much.

I have checked the  old handbook of my wife; I think the reference is
correct; it concerns gel electrophoresis in the presence of tricine
which worked in my hands ; I did also Western blots with WGA (lectin)
detection without problems.
Reference: Schägger et Von Jagow , Analytical Biochemistry , vol 166,
pages 368-379 (1987)