Best tissue homogenize buffer?

Enrico Ami-tox gilberti Zekeman at
Sat Jan 21 21:40:13 EST 1995

I am looking for a tissue homogenizing solution for the liver and the brain.
I have read many papers that use a Tris buffer with varying concentrations
along with and without various protease inhibitors (PMSF).
Since there seems to been no single "best" homogenizing buffer does anyone
have any suggestions as to which one would be the "best" to use.
I am homogenizing the tissue and then separation proteins by PAGE then
by westerns.  Looking at the 15K-110KDa proteins.
                Thank you
	Zekeman at